Melt, 5 parts olive oil, 1 part coconut oil, 1 part butter in pan. Add enough popcorn to fill up to oil line. Heat on high, cover, shake pan as popcorn begins to pop. Flavor as needed. Goes great with butter, salt, and Nutritional yeast. Enjoy with Zevia, all-natural soda.
Mix all the ingredients together in a freezer bag and marinade overnight. Turn oven to 325 degrees. Place the meat and the marinade mixture in a glass baking dish and cover with foil. Place in oven to bake until cooked to preference. I bake mine for around 45 minutes and prefer a medium rare meat.
Sides can make or break a meal. London Broil pairs well with an organic salad and fresh green beans. I like to saute my green beans with REAL butter, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Enjoy!
My family loves this dish served with Pappardelles Pasta. This is a high protein pasta with amazing texture. You can order this pasta at http://www.pappardellespasta.com.
4 wild King salmon fillets from http://www.vitalchoice.com (about 5 ounces each)
Salt and pepper
14.5 oz Muir Glen diced tomatoes
1 yellow onion
1 lemon for juice
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Sprinkle salmon with olive oil, salt and pepper.
3. In small bowl stir the tomatoes, lemon juice, oregano, thyme, and a bit more salt and pepper.
4. Place a handful of spinach on a square of foil large enough to hold your salmon filet. Place about 2 tablespoons of chopped onion on top of spinach. Next place salmon filet on top of spinach and onion and spiral together the ends of the foil to make a boat for the fish.
5. Add a small bit of butter to top of fish and then spoon the tomato mixture over the salmon. Don’t worry about how much just eye ball what you think you would like.
6. Fold the sides of the foil over the fish and tomato mixture, covering completely and seal the packets closed.
7. Place the foil packet on a large baking sheet. Follow this process until all packets are placed on the baking sheet.
8. Bake until salmon is just cooked through. About 25 minutes.
9. A large metal spatula works well to transfer salmon to plate. Keep the yummy juices left in the foil and pour over the top of the fish
1 pound whole okra
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Put all ingredients except okra in large zip lock bag and shake to mix ingredients.
3. Add okra and shake again to coat.
4. Pour okra on baking sheet and bake for about 7 minutes. Turn okra and bake for another 5 minutes or until pods are soften.
Sugar is the devil. Plus, it wrecks your hormone intelligence. That doesn’t meant you can’t indulge in a little bread every now and then. Try this healthy recipe on your cheat day as a dessert. Top it off with some butter and honey.
Banana Nut Bread
3 cups almond flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
4 large eggs
2 very ripe bananas, mashed
3 tsp vanilla
3 tsps cinnamon
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (I hate walnut and don’t add them)
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine the almond flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
3. In a different bowl mix the coconut oil and eggs.
4. Mix flour combination into the oil and eggs until well blended.
5. Add mashed bananas, vanilla and cinnamon – walnuts if using them
6. Pour batter into a greased loaf pan.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Hint: Definitely may need to bake a bit longer if you live at a low elevation.
Variation: This recipe also works well as muffins!
LESLIE L., Jannette Basham, Catherine and 4 others are discussing.2008Toggle Comments