Fat Burning HIT Meal #3: Pot of Gold
Gold is valuable, but not more valuable than healthy home cooked meals. Meet “Pot of Gold.” This delicious, time saving meal, is so simple to create, yet incredibly valuable to “Hormone Intelligence Therapy!” It will satisfy and keep you feeling satiated late into the night so you aren’t snacking and having overt sugar cravings.
4 to 6 free range organic chicken breasts
1 ½ cup Panko
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tbs Italian seasoning
Salt and pepper
Sliced munster cheese
2 medium sweet potatoes
½ red onion (sliced)
15 cherry tomatoes
1 ½ cup baby carrots
¼ cup organic chicken stock
1. Pre- heat oven to 350 degrees. In two separate bowls put Panko and eggs. Add Italian seasoning to Panko and mix.
2. Lightly dip each chicken breast in beaten eggs, then Panko mix. Place in large glass baking dish. Cover chicken with Munster cheese slices and sprinkle a bit more Italian seasoning over the cheese. Remember, you’re only lightly covering chicken with Panko for a bit of flavor, you are not using the whole F#$%@ bag.
3. In large mixing bowl or large zip lock bag, combine cubed sweet potatoes (½ inch chunks) sliced red onions, cherry tomatoes, baby carrots, Brussels sprouts, mushrooms, asparagus and olive oil. Stir (or shake if using a bag) until all veggies are coated in oil. Add a touch of salt and pepper to taste.
4. Arrange veggies around chicken and don’t worry if they cover some chicken. It’s no biggie.
5. Pour chicken stock over veggies and place in oven to bake for about 30 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
Tips: My family enjoys the cheese on top to be slightly crispy and I agree. Simply place dish under broiler for a few minutes but watch carefully. It finishes quickly and you don’t want to ruin your master piece! Voila! And, make enough for leftovers because the second day is even better!
About the Author
My name is Shane “The People’s Chemist” Ellison. I hold a master’s degree in organic chemistry and am the author of Over-The-Counter Natural Cures Expanded Edition (SourceBooks). I’ve been quoted by USA Today, Shape, Woman’s World, US News and World Report, as well as Women’s Health and appeared on Fox and NBC as a medicine and health expert. Start protecting yourself and loved ones with my FREE report, The 5 Deadly Pills Checklist.