HIT Approved Dessert #1: Banana Bread
Sugar is the devil. Plus, it wrecks your hormone intelligence. That doesn’t meant you can’t indulge in a little bread every now and then. Try this healthy recipe on your cheat day as a dessert. Top it off with some butter and honey.
Banana Nut Bread
3 cups almond flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
4 large eggs
2 very ripe bananas, mashed
3 tsp vanilla
3 tsps cinnamon
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (I hate walnut and don’t add them)
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine the almond flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
3. In a different bowl mix the coconut oil and eggs.
4. Mix flour combination into the oil and eggs until well blended.
5. Add mashed bananas, vanilla and cinnamon – walnuts if using them
6. Pour batter into a greased loaf pan.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Hint: Definitely may need to bake a bit longer if you live at a low elevation.
Variation: This recipe also works well as muffins!
My name is Shane “The People’s Chemist” Ellison. I hold a master’s degree in organic chemistry and am the author of Over-The-Counter Natural Cures Expanded Edition (SourceBooks). I’ve been quoted by USA Today, Shape, Woman’s World, US News and World Report, as well as Women’s Health and appeared on Fox and NBC as a medicine and health expert. Start protecting yourself and loved ones with my FREE report, 3 Worst Meds.