HIT Approved Dessert #1: Banana Bread
Sugar is the devil. Plus, it wrecks your hormone intelligence. That doesn’t meant you can’t indulge in a little bread every now and then. Try this healthy recipe on your cheat day as a dessert. Top it off with some butter and honey.
3 cups almond flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
4 large eggs
2 very ripe bananas, mashed
3 tsp vanilla
3 tsps cinnamon
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (I hate walnut and don’t add them)
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine the almond flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
3. In a different bowl mix the coconut oil and eggs.
4. Mix flour combination into the oil and eggs until well blended.
5. Add mashed bananas, vanilla and cinnamon – walnuts if using them
6. Pour batter into a greased loaf pan.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Hint: Definitely may need to bake a bit longer if you live at a low elevation.
Variation: This recipe also works well as muffins!